Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Nostalgia baby

 I can't edit at home, I discovered, but I've organized many files and been rewatching, making mental sketches and associations. Rewatching this footage I'm glad I'm a few months removed from it, editing it in winter. I want to begin with this audio of my drive from Appleton to Minneapolis in June this summer.

Bugs, dead things, planes, clouds, shadows, and transparencies seemed to be what interested me this summer. The footage is beautiful but sloppy. I am getting exactly the feeling I felt when filming this summer, so I'm confident I can come up with a successful project.

The things I'm most worried about is the discontinuity between different settings. Specifically, I think there is an obvious difference in the footage I took while in Canada vs. while at home. The light and foliage is very different, but most of all it seems I was thinking of different things when filming.

Below are screengrabs from footage I'll be using, and below is the audio of radio interference.













Play until 1:30 and then skip to 9:11 and then stop at like 10:30

No comments:

Post a Comment